Effective Date: 12-Mar-2015
UltraViolet is operated by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) LLC, a Delaware limited liability company located in the United States. You may contact us by mail at 3855 SW 153rd Drive, Beaverton, OR 97003 USA or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use the Services:
Information you provide directly to us. For certain activities, such as when you sign-up or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as full name and email address;
- Username and password;
- Demographic information, such as gender and country;
- When you provide a redemption code for content, rights information related to that code, such as the code itself, title information, and retailer information;
- Reason for the contact; and
- Other information you provide to us.
Information we obtain from your use of the Services. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as rights information (including, for example, movie or TV show title information, retailer information, and purchase date), your Internet protocol (IP) address, device identifiers, browser type, operating system, software and settings information, resolution, Internet service provider, webpages that you visit before and after using the Services, search terms, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other standard server log information.
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites with which the user communicates, although web browsers incorporate and activate this functionality in different ways, and it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted. There currently is disagreement among the leading Internet standards-setting organizations concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. Consequently, we may not take action in response to these signals.
Information we obtain from other sources. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, when you grant a Participating Service, such as a retailer, access to your UltraViolet Library, we may receive information about you from the Participating Service. If you access third-party social media services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
We use and combine the information we collect to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information;
- Communicate with you about the Services and products and services of our partners, including through promotional and marketing e-mails, mailings, and notifications;
- Analyze your use of the Services to understand and improve the Services;
- Store your user preferences and customize the content you see when you use the Services;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Participating Services in the United States and Elsewhere. When you or an authorized user of your UltraViolet Library grants a Participating Service access to your UltraViolet Library or you enter a code to redeem access to content through a Participating Service, we may share your information (such as which rights have been obtained for your UltraViolet Library and what content is being requested) with Participating Services in the ordinary course of business, including to fulfill your orders and process your requests (such as to display movies and TV shows to you and other users having access to your UltraViolet Library). For example, if you give a specific retailer access to your UltraViolet Library, we allow that retailer to get information about the movies and TV shows that you have rights to so it can process your requests to access your UltraViolet Library and download or stream content through that retailer’s service.
- Other third-party services. If you access or use third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, to sign in to the Services or Participating Services or to otherwise share information about your use of the Services or Participating Services, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services or Participating Services, and such information may be provided to your connections on the third-party services, in accordance with their own privacy policies and any user controls they may offer.
- Our vendors and service providers. We may share your information with our third-party vendors and service providers who help us provide and improve the Services, including, for example, email deployment, marketing, and data processing.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a corporate transaction or business transfer, such as an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation, liquidation or sale of assets resulting in another party’s acquisition of all or elements of the Services, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend our rights, interests, property, safety, and security, and that of the Services, users, or the public.
- Aggregated or de-identified information. After removing your name and any other information that personally identifies you, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with Participating Services so that they can measure and analyze usage and performance of the Services. These Participating Services are prohibited from re-identifying or otherwise combining this information with other data.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent. For example, if you consent to allow Participating Services to send you promotional or marketing messages, those Participating Services may use the information they obtain from us for such purposes.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to help safeguard information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction and other unauthorized data processing. No data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You may change your settings (such as changing your password, removing users, or closing your UltraViolet Library) by visiting myuv.com. You also may unlink Participating Services and change other settings by accessing the “Linked Services” section of myuv.com.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. When we send you commercial emails, we include an unsubscribe method (usually found at the bottom of the email) that you may use to opt out of receiving future commercial messages. You also may opt out of receiving commercial emails by contacting email@example.com.
You may access and correct inaccuracies in the personal information we have collected about you by using the UltraViolet Library settings provided on myuv.com or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable efforts to supply or correct personal information about you that we maintain. As permitted by law, we may charge a nominal fee for information requests and require you to establish your identity before providing you access to the requested information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
The Services are intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
The Services may contain links to content or services maintained by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties, and we recommend that you read their privacy policies.
Residents of the U.S. State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain information during the preceding year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) LLC
3855 SW 153rd Drive
Beaverton, OR 97003 USA